What personal data does A2O Events collect?
In the course of providing its Services, A2O Events collects, uses and discloses personal data. Personal data is any information that can be used to identify you or that we can link to you. You, as a traveller, meeting delegate, or user of the Services, may be asked to provide certain personal data when you use our Services, such as:
- Names and contact information (work and mobile phone, email, address)
- Delegate’s emergency contact names and information (as above)
- Delegate’s preferences and trip/meeting details (e.g. meal preferences, hotel/rail/car and other ground transportation preferences, class of service, seat preferences, frequent flyer data, special accommodation requests, dietary requirements and medical conditions, and other personal data supplied by you via your submissions, or other requests)
- Travel documentation (e.g. passport/visa/driver’s license number/TSA number/citizenship/date of birth/gender)
- Payment data (corporate/personal credit cards) and bank information
How does A2O Events collect personal data?
- Directly from you as you access various parts of our Services, including when you communicate with us via email and other channels
- From other sources, such as the company you are employed by or are otherwise travelling or attending a meeting on behalf of the Company
- From the network of websites and applications accessible through or utilized by our Services and our company, including such third-party suppliers (e.g. airlines, hotels, payment card providers) and our A2O Events related companies, affiliated, subsidiaries, partners and subcontractors, and agents.
How does A2O Events use personal data?
A2O Events uses personal date to:
- Provide its Services and fulfil its obligations to your Company and delegates (e.g. complete and administer travel/meeting reservations and assist in managing the travel and/or meeting)
- Communicate with you, such as by email, post, and phone or via A2O Events website or applications and to provide you with customer service.
- Fulfil a request made by you or your Company (e.g. reporting, questions, or other requests about your personal data.
- Carry out our obligations and enforce your, our, or other’s rights as we believe reasonably necessary (e.g. billing and collection, fraud prevention, comply with legal obligations, and respond to legal proceedings or requests from legal authorities and law enforcement or other third parties)
Who does A2O Events disclose personal data to and why?
- A2O Events and it’s related companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, partners, subcontractors and agents as necessary to fulfil and support the Services, including emergency bookings and assistance and responding to requests.
- Companies A2O Events uses to support its business to provide ancillary services (e.g. storage, technology, development, (as applicable))
- Your company for reporting, auditing, tracking and other purposes as necessary
- Third party services providers to complete travel and delegate arrangements and reservations and fulfil the Services (airlines, trains, rental car, coach and other ground transportation companies, hotels, cruise lines, destination management companies, and other related travel suppliers for booking/ticketing purposes; audio visual companies; visa and passport providers. Also, credit card companies and payment collection and processing companies for those delegates that pay us for rooms directly)
Does A2O Events disclose personal data across borders?
When sharing or disclosing personal data to other parties, including A2O Events related companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, partners, subcontractors and agents who provide Services and maintain facilities, your personal data may be transferred to countries with data protection laws providing a lower standard of protection for your personal data than your country.
How does A2O Events store and protect personal data?
A2O Events stores personal data on its servers managed internally and with third party storage providers.
A2O Events uses appropriate technical and organisational security measures to protect the personal data A2O Events holds on its network and systems from unauthorised access, discloser, destruction and alteration. We conduct periodic reviews of our data collection, storage, processing and security measures to verify we are only collecting, storing and processing personal data that is required for our Services and to fulfil our contractual obligations. While we make every effort to protect the integrity and security of our network and systems, we cannot guarantee, ensure or warrant that our security measures will prevent illegal or unauthorised activity related to your personal data. When using our Services, you should be aware that no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed as totally secure. We do make every effort to prevent this by having a Hyper Text Transfer Protocol Secure (HTTPS) website, ensuring any data sent between browser and website is encrypted. Although we strive to protect your personal data, we do not warrant the security of any data and information that you transmit to us over the internet and you do so at your own risk.
In order to protect your personal data, we kindly ask you to not send us credit card information or other similar personal data to us via email. If sending any personal data for yourself or on behalf of others (such as all of the above listed in ‘what data A2O Events collects’) via email, we strongly advise you to password protect the file and send the recipient the password either in a separate email or another form of communication. Please alert us immediately if you believe your password or any of your personal data has been misused. Please note, we will never ask you to disclose your credit card information in an unsolicited phone call or email.
How long does A2O Events keep my personal data?
Does A2O Events collect personal data of children?
A2O Events does not knowingly collect personal data from children. Individuals under 18 should not use our Services to submit any personal data about themselves.
What are my rights with respect to my personal data?
You may choose what personal data (if any) you wish to provide to us. However, if you choose not to provide certain details, your experience with some or all of our Services may be affected.
To the extent required by applicable law, you have the right to access your personal data and confirm the processing of your personal data. Also, where applicable, you have the right to rectify inaccuracies or errors, erase, restrict the processing, object to processing, and withdraw consent to processing of your personal data, and where applicable, the right to data portability of your personal data. A2O Events will handle such requests in the time specified by applicable law and where permitted by law, A2O Events may charge a reasonable administrative fee to cover the costs of responding to any such request.
How can I exercise my rights or make complaints?
Office 1, Empingham House
A2O Events will respond to your requests to the email address or phone number that you have registered with us or we otherwise have on file for you or any other suitable method. Depending on your request, we may review the request with you and/or your Company to assist in resolving and responding to the request.
We are committed to working with you to obtain a fair resolution of any complaint or concern you may have about our use of your personal data.
We would love to hear from you. Should you have any questions or want to talk to us about organising your upcoming event. Please enter your email and a contact phone number and we will call you back.
NEWS & INSIGHTS
February 2001 – February 2022 ‘Then and Now’ It has been well documented across all media channels, the plight of the Events sector following the announcement of the covid-19 pandemic. There is no denying that it was an exceptionally tough period, some events did take place and the additional skills…Read More
ADDRESS & CONTACT
© Copyright 2017, A2O Events Ltd. All rights reserved. Designed by Creatively Yours / 7 Day Launch Co.